Makes 1 loaf
3/4 cup of milk
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract
1/3 cup of golden raisins
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
1-1/2 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Place the eggs, milk, zest and extract in a bowl. Beat well. Add the raisins and set aside.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Grease and flour a 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pan.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
6. Add the wet and dry ingredients in 3 increments, stirring until just combined with each addition.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until baked through.
9. Cool in the pan until the sides are pulled away.
10. Remove to a rack to continue cooling.