|Good Food Michigan Turkey Meatloaf Recipe|
2 large cooking (yellow) onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup of chicken broth
5 pounds of ground turkey
1-1/2 cups of unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
1 cup of ketchup
1. Heat at large skillet over a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. When the onion is translucent, remove to a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the Worcestershire and broth. Set aside for a few minutes for the onions to cool.
4. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed, baking sheet pan with foil.
5. Into the bowl, add the turkey, breadcrumbs and eggs. Use your hands to combine. Dump the mixture onto the foil-lined pan and form into a loaf.
6. Spoon the ketchup on top - don't worry if it drips down the sides.
7. Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
8. Cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.